Exploring a Modern Technique of Cultivating Vegetables: The Use Of Hydroponics
Farming techniques have evolved. Today our farmers cultivate their crops using new methods that have the potential to generate a higher amount and quality of yield.
One of these methods is Hydroponics. This farming technique is carried out in a controlled environment which creates the optimal growing conditions for a variety of crops. One of the benefits of exploring hydroponic farming is that you can try it out in small spaces with some plants. It takes up less space than traditional farming.
Did you know that according to a report by Research And Markets, the hydroponics market in India is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.2% during the period 2021-2026?
Since a hydroponic farm removes the need for soil, you see a number of advantages including, but not limited to:
- Reduced need of herbicides and pesticides
- Reduce the amount of water used during every stage of farming a crop
- Increase the amount of yield and quality of the crops harvested
- It’s perfect for urban locations and removes the need for harvest to be transported long distances. This maintains the freshness of fruits and vegetables while also reducing the carbon 5 footprint that comes with the transportation
If you are interested in learning more about the steps to begin your own hydroponic farm, contact the experts at MahakalAgro.
We will provide you a step-by-step guide to hydroponic farming, which will include details like:
- What is a suitable hydroponic system for you
- Which types of crops like vegetables or fruits can be grown in this system
- How to set up the hydroponic system
- How to check and manage the nutrient levels for optimum growth
- What is the ideal lighting and atmospheric condition required to get a good yield in a hydroponic farm
Reach out now!